Monday, March 25, 2013

Last day~Hunting Island~morning walk

We delayed leaving Hunting Island for a day..

It was supposed to rain all morning and much of the day.

Jeff didn’t want to drive our newly washed Homey to Atlanta in the rain.

Our campsite was booked..so we had to move Homey.

Site 10

See the fence..

hunting island last day_090Here is the view that we had…

Awesome!

Our other site 189 was nice, wooded and private..

This site has the view..

hunting island last day_091The rain stopped shortly after noon..

hunting island last day_017It was lovely and warm..

The beach was full of activity..

hunting island last day_018Sunday on the beach..

hunting island last day_020I was on a shark teeth jaunt..

hunting island last day_019Slowly saying goodbye to Hunting Island beach..

We were here over six years ago…the changes to the beach were amazing.

I hope its not as long before we come back for another stay..

I wonder what changes will happen while we are away..

How much more beach will be taken away and reformed in another area.

hunting island last day_023I have a thang for Laughing Gulls..

hunting island last day_024It was a warm afternoon..

Brave young swimmers..

Burrrr… ..

  I did take off my shoes, rolled up my cords and walked thru the water..

warm and cleansing…

hunting island last day_040What a nice way to end my stay..

a warm barefoot walk..

hunting island last day_037Jeff was in Homey doing taxes..

while I worked hard on the beach…

looking down for shark teeth..

hunting island last day_038I had to look up now and then to make sure I didn’t trip over the rusty groins..

hunting island last day_043Oh look..what do we have here..

way down there..

Its not a sharks tooth..

hunting island last day_044It’s a tiny heart..

hunting island last day_050I did find a few shark teeth on this walk..

No photos here of them..I am going to organize my collection..

Try and ID them and then show you what I ended up with.

hunting island last day_053I loved seeing people out enjoying the warm afternoon.

hunting island last day_054

Families playing outdoor games..

hunting island last day_087

kids in the surf..

hunting island last day_055

Couples and families out walking together..

hunting island last day_056Oh lookie…

I spy a Laughing Gull....

hunting island last day_058

hunting island last day_064A whole lotta Red Knot..

hunting island last day_068My thang bird..

hunting island last day_070What a truly luscious afternoon walk..

hunting island last day_082

Goodbye bye for now..

hunting island last day_075

My new shorter windswept hairdo… and me Lovin the beach!

Hunting Island

Stay tuned for our evening walk…it wasn’t warm..

No comments:

Post a Comment

ok what do you really think?????