Monday, March 25, 2013

Last full day~Hunting Island~Evening walk

It was our last day at Hunting Island State Park…
I went out for my evening walk…
Barefoot and pants rolled up to walk in the surf..
 
hunting island last day_097
 
I didn’t make it very far before I turned back ..
I  needed warmer clothing and my socks and shoes..
What a difference a few hours make..
 
hunting island last day_096
 
It cooled down considerably since my late afternoon walk.
It was getting close to high tide..
 
hunting island last day_101
 
The clouds were thick …
 
hunting island last day_109
 
I searched the edges of the surf for Shark teeth..
 
hunting island last day_112
 
Jeff was coming out to meet me later to catch the sunset..
 
hunting island last day_118
 
It was a melancholy walk..
 
hunting island last day_120
 
Its been a lovely place to stay..
 
hunting island last day_123
 
I wasn’t quite ready to leave the beach..
 
hunting island last day_127
 
I think I could walk the beach all day..
 
hunting island last day_129
 
Every day..
 
hunting island last day_131
 
Its always changing..
 
hunting island last day_149
 
You never know what the surf might bring in..
 
hunting island last day_150
 
What the clouds will look like..
 
hunting island last day_152
 
Jeff met me and we waited to see if we might catch a colorful sunset.
 
hunting island last day_157
 
Jeff thought there were too many clouds…
 
hunting island last day_163
 
We had about twenty minutes before sunset..
We watched the Sanderling dip its beak into the sand..
 
hunting island last day_171
 
guess there were some goodies in there..
 
hunting island last day_174
 
The clouds in the east started to get a little color..
 
hunting island last day_172
 
Looking south..just a bit of color..
 
hunting island last day_179
 
Very subtle pink..
 
hunting island last day_180
 
This was a good as it got…To many clouds for a lot of color..
Still beautiful..
 
hunting island last day_188
 
We walked back to the campground..
 
hunting island last day_191
 
Savoring our last evening..
See the moon above the cloud?
 
hunting island last day_192
 
We watched the birds..
 
hunting island last day_196
 
Fly in..
 
hunting island last day_204
 
Fly by..
 
hunting island last day_209
 
We said Goodbye..
Until we meet again..
 
hunting island last day_226

No comments:

Post a Comment

ok what do you really think?????