Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pittsboro, Hillsbourgh and Carboro....



Howdy all,

Yesterday Adele, Jeff and me...and I? anyway.... we went on a car tour through a few towns north of here in the Raleigh-Durham area. Adele and I liked the town of Hillsboro...small quaint town center...a few very nice restaurants...a nice co-op and sweet old homes...some nice old estates as well. Plenty of open spaces around to make if feel as though you are in the country...close to Durham and Raleigh..... The top three pictures were taken at an estate that we did a little walk around...dreaming about living there and having all that land....

The restaurant Adele wanted to go to was closed so we went to Tupelos. Adele and I shared a nice salad and a sandwich that had fried green tomatoes and lettuce and bacon. Jeff has Jambalaya. It was all Yummy...

The bottom picture was taken in Carrboro..which a college town...close to Chapel Hill...
Adele wants to steal this old cement lady and put her in the garden....

We did a quick drive thru Pittsboro, which is another sweet little town that I like. It has a food co-op....a few nice restaurants and funky little homes, some old...some just run down.

thats all....today is overcast again...which is good...need rain....Jeff went for a bird walk this morning and saw and photographed the Prothonotory warbler. He will take me in the next few days so that hopefully i can see it too.

The first picture is the one jeff took with his little digital camera...the second one i found on the internet...




2 comments:

  1. D&J:
    Glad to see you 2 are back to birding. You are adding some cool birds to the life list. Nice shot of the prohont warbler, a bird I have not seen in the wild yet.
    Those are some beautiful little towns and countryside you visited today. P&I toured thru NC twelve years ago after I finished my x-country bike trip and she joined me and toured the south by car. I had a wonderful finale to my bike trip by touring the south w/ P. More fond memories...
    Enjoy those boid hikes, wish I was there w/ you.
    TTFN,
    geno

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beatiful pics of that tree with the chairs... LOVE THEM! and the little yellow bird is adorable.. your camera took a great pic of that little baby... sorry i have not been commenting on your blog lately.. i have been super busy with work and with the wedding.. but i am trying to catch back up... xoxo

    ReplyDelete

ok what do you really think?????